Educator Trip Leader License Now Required

Maine recently passed a law requiring Trip Leaders of Educational Institutions running outdoor trips in Maine to acquire an Educator Trip Leader License. Visit our FAQs page for details on what types of trips require the trip leader license. The Educator Trip Leader License in Maine will require attending a mandatory 8 hour training course. We are excited to announce that we will be offering those training courses soon. We will be offering on location at our center, online, and traveling to you for the training. The License also requires the Trip Leader to hold a current WFA (Wilderness First Aid) and CPR Card. We also offer the 2 Day WFA/CPR Training for you. The goal of this licensing process is to have safe and educated trip leaders in the woods of Maine. To support this, we also offer custom activity-based training including paddlesports (canoe/kayak), canoe camping, backcountry overnight camping, rock climbing, naturalist, and other activities.